Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Sugar in the Gas Tank

Sometimes, no matter what we do, it just doesn't seem to be enough.

I spent last week running back and forth between Central Sq, Downtown, and Charlestown, rushing to arrive, just to wait in a line for hours on end. I managed to get my driver's license, apply for school at the community college, take and ace the College Placement Tests, and register for classes.  Each task took (plus or minus) four hours to complete. I did this with two small children- one still at home and the other who has to be picked up from school and is still too young to be without supervision. I was feeling pretty accomplished right up until I got a significant bit of information from the Financial Aid Office; my FAFSA funds wouldn't be available until next semester.

Talk about slamming the breaks. I might be able to take one class if we can work something out. I'd be knitting away my remorse, but it just seems so superfluous.

No comments:

Post a Comment