Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Bouquet of Daisies

Not this kind of bender.
I don't know if it's the high of finally putting a pattern up for sale, with its sense of accomplishment, the stress and desire to supplement our income with whatever I can offer, a desperate need to distract myself with anything other than household duty, or the need for all things New and Fresh, but I've been on an absolute knitting bender, and most of it I've been mixing-up on my own. Unfortunately, for the moment I'm short on pictures because Jason lost the SD card. Sorry. We're trying our hardest around here and working with what we have. It's not much.

Add caption
I've had a hank of Malabrigo Rios in Archangel burning a hole in my stash since May. I've known for about ever what I wanted to do with it- it was just a matter of timing. I guess the time was when the trees matched. It's a totally unoriginal cowl, but what can I say? I was impatient. I think that the daisy stitch does a great job of showing off the colors while obscuring any pooling.  I used a provisional cast on for 25 stitches with US size 8 needles with the Knitting On The Net formula for a daisy stitch. When it measured about 24 inches I grafted it. Voila- gerbera daisies!

No comments:

Post a Comment