Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Never Too Late To Be Grateful

While everyone else has been talking about gift knitting and breaking out the Christmas music, I've been thinking about what I'm grateful for- why? Because I've never been on time for anything in my life.

These skinny ankles are just begging for some fancy knit socks
  • I'm grateful for my dear friends. They appreciate my obsessions  hobbies without question, humor me when I go overboard, and show genuine interest when I don't.
  • I'm grateful for easy transportation in the cities. For a fraction of what it would cost me in gas and parking, I can hop a bus or train to my most important destinations (and plenty more) any time I need to.
  • I'm grateful that Shane and KJ had tasty vegetarian options in spades.
  • I'm grateful for new friends I'm making all the time.
  • I'm grateful for Drew's preparedness, with just enough phone battery to snap a couple shots. (Jason left my SD card at work).
  • I'm grateful for my mind and  body, literacy, imagination and the internet.
  • I'm grateful for knitting, and all manner of woolly animals.
  •  I'm grateful for my best friend, lover, partner, and co-parent. I'm grateful for our kids. My family is incredible. I'm also grateful that my kids love to travel. I'm grateful that every time they see something they want they say "Can you knit me one?" even if it's physically impossible, and every time I cast on they say, "For me?!"
  • I'm grateful for our apartment, and that when we sleep on couches now, it's to visit.
  • I'm grateful for the things I've experienced and that which I will yet experience, for the perspective it will give me and the inspiration it already has.

    What are you grateful for every day- not just on Thanksgiving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment