Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Dark in Connecticut, but the Future's Lookin' Bright

In a nutshell (maybe a coconut):
     Isn't that for responsible knitters?
  • I had the best birthday I could remember. I felt so loved. My little ones were soliciting loves like it was going out of style. My mother came to visit and assured me that in the two weeks she'd spent at my sister's, the two of them couldn't keep up with the dishes (if you only knew what an incomparable gift that was). And my dear love brought me three different kinds of vegan cake (slices, but combined to the size of a whole cake) and Boomerang by Michael Lewis (since I just got so much lovable fiber at Rhinebeck). This was clearly one of my favorite birthdays.
  • I don't know what happened to me after Rhinebeck, but I came home, got into my stash, and started swatching. And I liked it! I never do that! Who is this person and what are they doing with my yarn!
  • Halloween pictures, and the Finn the Human hat I knit for Jason in two nights, are coming- just as soon as my mother emails them to me.
  •  Thanks to a crazy Nor'Easter snowstorm the weekend before Halloween, my place became someone else's  temporary residence: my sister and her 3 kids came to stay after the 3rd of 6 days without power, practically frozen. She ranted a bit about the disorganization of the CT authority, but mentioned a friend who proclaimed that the state had used it's emergency help from other states when Eirene came through with out paying it back, and that the utility company had fired a huge chunk of it's staff. It makes sense, but I wish I could get the facts. It's the kind of thing I think people should know about- it's totally the thing I want to go back to school for.
  • With all of the fun that comes from a house full of cousins, we just couldn't keep the noise down, no matter how hard I tried. After a thinly veiled email from our landlord (on the floor below us) about how we promised to get rugs, we explained that it'd only been two paychecks time, whilst my extended family was in need. All was forgiven, but I decided to make the kids some booties to help muffle the sound. I used the formula for Ysolda Teague's Grown-up Booties, and I've got to say, they're kind of awesome. The kiddoes are looking forward to their new "Stealth Ninja Feet" and I'm just hoping that it doesn't backfire with them falling on their faces all over the place.
  • Stealth ninjas like rosebuds, right? 
  • I finally got Berklee published. Talk about crazy-accomplished-excited-anxious-nutzo. It's totally surreal. I'm so green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment