Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

First Day Lesson

Guess who's got two thumbs, a job, and likes it! C'est Moi! Today was my first day working at "The Jewelry Shop," as it shall hitherto for be known. I'm definitely in the learning period, and it's funny finding nuances that I have to adjust to, having been out of the work place for several years. But I'm learning fast.
   The first lesson, unexpectedly, has been that my wardrobe needs an update! Seriously- it says right in the employee handbook, under Dress and Appearance, "[Clothing should be] fashion forward."
Uh, Fashion Quick-Fix?
   At first glance I'm all, "That's a requirement? What a cool place to work!" And then I realize that my normal uniform of Forever21 jeans and Tokidoki tee shirts isn't going to cut it. I don't exactly have the dough to fork out for some new work clothes (remember, I'm trying to go back to school here), so how do we solve this problem?

  • Phase one: shake off the dust and try on everything. Two or three times may be necessary. Try them on in every conceivable combination. 
  • Phase two: Suck in really hard. 
  • Phase three: employ safety pins, duct tape, and Plaster of Paris to fix it or fake it. 
   Doing so, I think I've managed to come up with enough to wear to get me to pay day, but it's going to have to be a clever few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment